Friday, November 30, 2007

We've decided to adopt 7 more!!


Okay, the title was a ploy to get you to read this! Actually, since we have the habit of bringing lots of kids home and announcing shocking news, we thought when we moved to New York it would be fun to pay a few kids to stand in one of our family pictures and REALLY surprise everyone with our Christmas card pictures! However, we HAVE adopted 7 more...sugar gliders. Yes, you have to GOOGLE sugar gliders if you don't know what they are. I happen to love kangaroos and other fun things that come from Australia, so since I couldn't bring a kangaroo home, I settled for 7 sugar gliders. I think I was going through withdrawal since I don't have 4 kids in diapers anymore. Not only do I get to clean up after them, but I also get to buy them baby food from the baby aisle. (I was starting to miss all the baby stuff!) I actually have wanted to get a sugar glider since a guy in my office at Ohio Casualty told me about them (that was 7 years ago!) I wanted to buy one in Arizona, but they were too expensive and they had to ship them from across the country. Well, out here I was looking on Craigslist and someone wanted to get rid of all or none...so I took all 7! They are fun, but I want to give away at least 5 of them. We'll see. We had a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving!! Ann & Dave, Julia, Katie, Grant, Megan, Marissa, and Annie all came over for Thanksgiving. It was so wonderful to have them over. I'm so grateful they could come. Then the next day Chip & Dy, Dallin and AJ stayed the night. I can't believe how fun it was to see everyone. I really would have been homesick if we weren't surrounded by family. Oh, and it was the first time I cooked the Thanksgiving turkey! I followed this cooks recipe that I saw on BYU TV. When it was finished I told Derek I thought it was undercooked. He said it was really good and that I was just used to dried out turkey. :) I would've thrown it back in to make turkey jerky if it were up to me, but I hope it was okay. I had a nightmare the next night about ruining the whole thing. Derek told me it was now over and I could stop worrying about it. We love all of you so much!! Thank you for all of your WONDERFUL emails!! I really am glad I started this blog now that it's helping us keep in contact with everyone more. I'm SOOOOO grateful for all of you!

1 comment:

The Higgins Family said...

sugar gliders are cute little buggers! :) glad tgiving went well---we had a good time at david's but missed y'all.

loves!

Melinda