Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Higgins Bus

Since Joseph started school, the focus and sometimes obsession of our kids has been the buses that they see every day. Each one of them takes turns claiming the bus that they see. "That's Joshua's bus!!" or "There are 1, 2, 3 buses!" And along with that they have invented an insult that is SO terrible that it can even cause tears at times. The insult is, "YOUR BUS IS FAR AWAY!!" (I can't believe I wrote such a terrible thing in my blog, please don't judge me.) So every time they start shouting it back and forth I have to inform them that they are on their bus: The Higgins Bus! I tell them I am their bus driver. And then comes the natural progression to tell them all the fun stories of all my VW buses growing up--Gus Bus, ReBus, ThusBus, and more. This picture is from July, but I thought it was a fun one to share.

2 comments:

The Higgins Family said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Amy & Fam has got a blog!!!! I'm am SO VERY happy!!!! :) :) :) Dustin and I were talking even yesterday about how much we missed y'all and wished we knew what was going on with y'all, and, golly, it'd be nice if you had a BLOG. :) LOVE IT!!! We just read through everything (love the quotes!)and really enjoyed seeing the pics of our little niece and nephews. Thanks for keeping it updated! Look forward to hearing more. :)

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! Miss you too!

Love,
Melinda & Fam

Unknown said...

This picture just captures my heart--each little child so different in personality, yet having such fun together !