Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Family Home Screaming :)



I'm at 29 weeks this Friday! My brave doctor invited us to bring our four munchkins in for one of the ultrasounds during my pregnancy. SO, last night for family home evening we went to my appointment. The kids were excited, but soon lost interest when they saw that the "pictures" they would see of the twins were not like normal pictures. It was fun, though and I'm glad we did it. I have to figure out how to put it in the blog, but I have a little video Derek took of part of the ultrasound that includes Joseph asking the doctor to put the ultrasound on a bigger T.V. This is because we were given a hand-me-down big screen T.V. recently--we're in trouble now!!! I found out the twins are 3 pounds already!!! (That's 6 pounds of baby.) This puts them in the 80-90% of normal (single) births!!! OUCH! Thanks to the BIG Whitmer baby genes! I was hoping for a little bit smaller, normal sized babies like Derek has in his family.

7 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Wow, what a beautiful family. And twins on the way!

Just stumbled on your blog. Nice to see a big American family blog and fun photos.

The Higgins Family said...

What a great update. We sure love you guys. Glad the twins are, um, REALLY healthy and growing well. ;) Can't wait to see their pics!

Rachel said...

I get so excited reading your updates and remembering those days. I am so glad I am not going to the dr. every week anymore. As crazy as it is having twins there is nothing that a smile can't make you forget!

Stewarts of Sheridan said...

2-3 more weeks and you'll really be over the "hump" for happy, healthy babies. We had ours at 31 weeks and although it was a rough start, they turned out just as happy and healhty as ever.

Take EXTRA care to make it through these next few weeks. Lay down whenever possible, and avoid walking too much.

It is no fun having babies in the NICU, and I'd imagine it would be even more difficult with all the other little ones at home!

You're in the home stretch now! Way to go! Can't wait to learn of their arrival.

Many blessings! ~Jenn

Amanda said...

Hey, I noticed we have the same interests. LDS, Foster Care, Pride and Prejudice...

Anyway, thought that was cool. Have a great day!

Amanda

mary grace said...

Sounds like fun!

Katie said...

So fun to see what is happening in your life. It has been so long since our great times in the MTC and the OPM! I love you and cherish your friendship. I have wonderful memories of you! Good luck with these babies!