Saturday, January 12, 2008

Nemo on Ice



So after our doctor's appointment on Thursday morning, I got a message from Derek telling me that Cathy Psillos, a friend of ours in our church was giving us some Nemo on Ice tickets. Wow!! They were given tickets and went the night before and knew our little ones would LOVE to go. It would have cost us hundreds of dollars to all go together. It was very thoughtful of them! Of course we had a blast!! And this time we actually had a little money for souvenirs. We learned a very valuable lesson, too. When you buy your kids something to eat, you should like it too in case you have to consume it...we got snow cones and the kids just wanted to play with the cool mugs that they came in. Derek had to eat two and a half and I ate one and a half. The kids got a picture with "Bruce the Shark". It's really cute, so I'll try to scan it in the future sometime. Then last night we had another "Girls night out" where some of the women get together from our ward about once a month. Since Cortney is my visiting teaching companion and Kerry is someone I visit teach, I basically do all my visiting teaching that night also, JUST KIDDING!! I know I've said this many times before, but I love our ward, our neighbors and almost everything about New York!! This is really so great for our family to be out here.

1 comment:

The Higgins Family said...

SO fun!
I'm so happy you love it in NY! I remember you were nervous about your new adventure, so I'm so glad it's turned out so great!
LOVE and MISS you!

Melinda