Friday, January 4, 2008

All the Drama


Okay, this time the blog site wouldn't let me do what I wanted with the pictures, so I'm doing three different posts to cover our Christmas experience. Friday was a lot of fun, but a little scary, too. Last year when Derek and I visited New York, our favorite part of the trip was being able to visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. So when my mom came, we really wanted to take her and our kids to see them. Well, we packed the kids in the van. I ran inside and up to my room to get a coat with my hands full of stuff for the outing. On the way downstairs, I overstepped the first step and fell down the relatively steep flight of stairs. I did a summer salt and a half and landed on my face--my left cheek. (Afterward I realized exactly what hit, because I had a soar left shoulder, right knee, etc.) Derek came in the door to hear the last few bumps and was VERY worried that I was seriously hurt. To make a long story short, after one of Derek's incredible treatments, a blessing and some ice I was off to the Statue of Liberty. I know I was protected from serious harm and am SO VERY thankful I'm okay. If you look at this picture closely you can see my cheek was swollen. Luckily the black eye didn't set in until later.

No comments: